Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Keep up with your blog lady!

Sorry for not writing for a while. Life feels so intance that you don't find the time to write. And everytime I do start writing it takes hours to post something, such as now.

Anyhow, first day at school...or was it? The school was supposed to start on the 1st of October but this lucky thing didn't actually have any lectures that week. Yey, another week of holiday! Nonetheless I had a great deal of things to do:
  1. Student ID
  2. studentski boni(student meal cupongs)
  3. fix the bike
  4. get more credit on the phone
  5. register on the courses
  6. Sign up for sporst
  7. Slovenian langiage course
I got most of the things done by Monday which was my 'do-things-from-the-list'-day.

And let me tell you one of the best things about being a student in Slovenia/Ljubljana: Studentski Boni. How can I explane this... It is student meal discound which works in many of the restaurants all around Ljubljana and with it you can eat a proper lunch/dinner with only 0,80-5,00€. When I say a proper meal I really mean a proper meal! Usually it includes a soup, salad, main dish and dessert. With less than 5€, its crazy!! Basically its not worth to cook at home at all when you can just dine out with less money. I love it! Ofcourse you can not eat anything from the menu and usually the restaurants have a special menu for students which are in most case really nice. And even if the food wasn't the best meal you have ever had, who cares! You pay ridiculausly little money for it and if it is not good then you know you will never go back there. Brilliant!


I got my studentski boni couple weeks back the day before school started, which was a mistake since all of the students were there get their own ones aswell. I was on the que for an 2,5h on the coldest day so far. Luckily I had my book with me so the time flew by quikly and in the end it wasn't that bad.


Rest of the week went by quikly. I signed up for hourse riding ones in week for 10 times which I am really excited about. I haven't rode a hourse since I was in NZ, so it's been way too long! And it cost only 140€ which is compared to finnish prises really good! The first lesson is on this Friday.

We also had a pub crawl couple weeks back for Erasmus students which was fun ofcourse since there was so many of us but not worth paying 9€. We went 3 different pubs and after that a afterparty at the club Circus. We resived a 3 welcome drinks(which where basecally shots of juice) and free enterence to the club(which is normally 5€). The high light of my night was when I bought belgium fries from the place called 'Surfing fries' which was next to pub Parlament. So it actually had nothing to do with the pub crowl itself. And the Circus(!!)... ou my gosh where to start! First of all, there nothing wrong with the people since there were basecally only exchange student which should have ment a great night out but I just could not stand the club. Inside and outside it looks pretty much like any other club in town, just normal, just a club. The issues firts of all that the drinks were more expencive(still cheapter than in Finland ofcourse) and second, whats up with all thecircus stuff! I understand it was part of the concept but seriously are kidding me? For excample there two drawfs(yes drawfs!) walking and dancing around and entertaning people. I understand that they get paid for what they do but still I felt really...bad about that people making fun of them, taking photos of them/with them and so on. And that wasn't the worst part! There were also these creatures who walking or crawling around and did freacky stuff like this one guy who wore a skin tight pink-yellow-gold-costume what ever and crowled around the club playing with three balls. One point when I was going to the toilet, it started following my and crowled after me almost inside the toilet! Wtf? Leave me the fuck alone! Freak... It was just too much for me, I couldn't take it and I left after 30 minutes. I wasn't drunk enough and the music wasn't that good. BUT I am greatfull that I have now been there and I know what its like and that I don't ever have to go back there. 'The best club in town' yeeea, I don't think so. Thats about that and back to other stuff.

We did a small hiking trip together up to Smarna Gora which was quite fun! It actually felt really good to do something else other than partying and drinking all the time.
Jules(GER), Ramona(GER), me, Ines(GER) and Erna(ICE)

My classes started last week which I was really looking forward(not anymore). No but seriously I felt like a a girl before her first day at school, I wanted to pick up my first day at school outfit and pack my bag and everything! But it's been such a long time since I have been in school which was at the end of April! Thats forever ago!
On first day I realized I really do have to study here... And it does depened on the professor if you like the class or not. For example I toke class called Slovenian Economy: the eastiest class, we don't have a final exam instead we have presentations a asigments which seems to be really. But the lectures are sooo boring! The professor is old, speaks slowely, repeads himself often and its really hard to follow on the class. At least it is the easiest class I have. International Marketing and Marketing Channels: on both of the classes the teachers are great. They are both younger and speak really good english and are constantly connected to us student by asking questions and challenging us to start a conversations on the class. But... we have so much work we have to do. Big presentations and long papers to write. Motivation, you better find me because I'm going to need you! And the last but not least I toke Slovenian language course! Yes, I will never need this language after I leave Slovenia and its pretty useless and waiste of money to learn it but its only for fun! So far it is good and now I can sat Ti si crocodil = this is crocodile, how usefull sentence it is!!

Over all the life is going great here and the people trually make this experience worth this all.

  • Surfing party and free drinks, I propably would have never gona there without knowing Dasha! 
  • Douple teqila shots which Nika, it was so your fault girl! 
  • Wild-Wednesday-pancakes-party with Sasha, the surffing Dasha pancake was priseless! 
  • 'Call me maybe' with Jules my favorite neighbour at Companieros dancefloor 
  • 20 minutes monolog at Metelkova, so embarrasing
  • 80% girls are really lesbians, good to know Simi! 
  • Thinking about going for beer before language class but end up buying a Felu-pullover with Florian, awesome! 
and so more. You have to make the most of the time you have here. Erasmus is such a short period of time that you have.


The most awesome Finnish pancake I have ever made!

I'll try to write soon again since I had a pretty awesome weekend: roadtrip to Italy, Trieste-Venice-Verona. Team Friday and Italian Mafia!

Ps. Bad Karma, leave me alone! My first weekend in Slovenia and our cat peed in my suitcase! YES! And no I hadn't put all of my cloths in the wardrove, which ment laundry Sunday for Ella.
Our little devil

Pps. This is the last thing I'm gonna write but this is important. Only 2 weeks and I get to show my home town for my Tuomas! I can't wait<3

No comments:

Post a Comment